Ocean Science is the science and technology journal of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM). The bureau funds on average $30 million per year for scientific studies in the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic, the Pacific, and the Arctic. Data gained from these studies inform policy decisions regarding offshore oil, natural gas and renewable energy development. The information is also used by other federal and state agencies in decision-making and by members of academia and experts in the private sector. BOEM is one of the leading contributors to the body of scientific knowledge about the nation’s marine and coastal environments.
Public Outreach Through the BOEM Ocean Science Journal: BOEM Biologists Meet with High School Student Exploring a Career in Marine Biology
- The Human Environment: What is Social Science?
- BOEM's Social Science Research
- The Gulf of Mexico - An Historical Review
- Research in Support of Offshore Wind Energy Development in the Atlantic Region
- Alaska Region: Integrating Indigenous Knowledge
- Renewable Energy Development for the Pacific Region
Ocean Science Archive:
2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004
Sign up for Ocean Science