BOEM has received and is processing an application from Southern Company for an Interim Policy lease approximately 3 to 11 nautical miles off the coast of Tybee Island, Georgia that would authorize the installation and operation of a meteorological tower and/or buoy.
- Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Assessment
- Comments received on the Notice of Intent
- Application - In April 2011, Southern Company submitted an Interim Policy lease application to place a fixed meteorological tower on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) to collect site-specific wind and environmental data.
- Addendum A - In May 2012, Southern Company submitted "Addendum A" that also proposed deploying the AXYS WindSentinelTM, a mobile or movable single unit alternative technology.
- Addendum B - In October 2012, BOEM requested additional information and clarifications which were provided by Southern Company as "Addendum B."