North Carolina Activities
There is one renewable energy project underway offshore North Carolina. For more information please click on the link below.
BOEM coordinates Outer Continental Shelf renewable energy activities with its federal, state, local, and tribal government partners through its North Carolina Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force. BOEM also coordinates public information meetings to help keep interested stakeholders updated on major renewable energy milestones. To obtain information discussed during these meetings click on the links below.
BOEM has funded or considered numerous studies to collect information about the marine environment to support decisions concerning offshore renewable energy development. For more information, please visit: http://www.boem.gov/North-Carolina-Environmental-Studies/.
Related Press Releases
- Interior Department Auctions Over 122,000 Acres Offshore Kitty Hawk, North Carolina for Wind Energy Development (Mar. 16, 2017)
- Interior Department to Auction 122,000 Acres Offshore North Carolina for Wind Energy Development (Jan. 17, 2017)
- Interior Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Offshore North Carolina (Aug 12, 2016)
- BOEM Announces Major Step for Renewable Energy Offshore North Carolina (Sep. 17, 2015)
- Milestone Reached for Commercial Wind Energy Development Offshore North Carolina (Jan. 22, 2015)
- Secretary Jewell Announces Milestone for Commercial Wind Energy Development Offshore North Carolina (Aug. 11, 2014)
- BOEM Extends Public Comment Period for Wind Energy Offshore North Carolina (Feb. 4, 2013)
- BOEM Seeks Industry Interest in Renewable Wind Energy Offshore North Carolina (Dec. 12, 2012)
- BOEM Announces Next Steps for Proposed Mid-Atlantic Wind Energy Transmission Line (Dec. 20, 2011)
- BOEM Seeks Public Input on Offshore Wind Energy Development’s Potential Impacts on Historic Properties (Oct. 20, 2011)