BOEM is responsible for all Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) leasing policy and program development issues for oil, gas and other marine minerals.
Many different disciplines contribute to and support the overall leasing program--from the initial assessment of resources to environmental considerations to the final determination of what is actually offered for lease.
- Fair Market Value – economic analyses, fair market value procedures, economic databases & modeling, post-sale activities and rejected bid appeals.
- Forms – for all phases of leasing, development and production.
- Outer Continental Shelf (OCS)
- Current Lease Sale Schedule
- TIMS Web: Company, Qualification, Financial Assurance, and Bonding
- Areas Under Restriction
- GOMESA Revenue Sharing
- US/Mexico Boundary Treaties
- Boundary Related Court Cases
- Oil and Gas Leasing on the Outer Continental Shelf
- Oil Spill Financial Responsibility (OSFR) for Offshore Facilities
- Royalty Relief – design of policies, reviews requests for royalty rate reductions, generates economic assumptions.
- Resource Evaluation – geological and geophysical evaluations; engineering assessments of mineral resource potential.
- Combined Leasing Status Report
- Regional Leasing Information