North Aleutian Basin Lease Sale 214
On March 31, 2010, President Barack Obama and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar announced a new Comprehensive Strategy for Offshore Oil and Gas Development and Exploration. Part of this strategy involved "withdrawing Bristol Bay from consideration for oil and gas development through 2017."
Accordingly, Sale 214 was removed from the 2007-2012 Five-Year Program.
- North Aleutian Basin Planning Area Map
- April 06, 2010:News Release - MMS Publishes Preliminary Revised 2007-2012 Five-Year OCS Oil and Gas Leasing Program
- February 17, 2009:Supplement to the Scoping Report - Aleutians East Borough's North Aleutian Basin Lease Sale 214 EIS, Summary of Resident Concerns
- January 29, 2009: Scoping Report, Alaska Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Region, North Aleutian Basin Planning Area, Oil and Gas Lease Sale 214, Environmental Impact Statement
- November 2008: Provide Information about Sale 214 to: Sale214noi@mms.gov
- August 13, 2008: Federal Register - Notice of Scoping Meetings and Extension of Scoping Period to Prepare and Environmental Impact Statement
- July 28, 2008: News Release - MMS Holds Scoping Meetings in Bristol Bay for Proposed Lease Sale in North Aleutian Basin
- April 08, 2008: MMS to evaluate the North Aleutian Basin for OCS Lease Sale
- April 08, 2008: Federal Register - Call for Information and Nominations (Call) and Notice of Intent (NOI) to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)