ION Geophysical Corporation
Beaufort and Chukchi Seas, 2012
The G&G Permit authorizes ION to conduct an in-ice, 2D seismic survey in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas Outer Continental Shelf Planning Areas from October 12, 2012 to December 15, 2012. ION will also collect gravity and magnetic data as part of the survey. Survey Area Map
- November 21, 2012: The Resource Evaluation office received notice that operations under this permit are complete.
- October 12, 2012: The Resource Evaluation office of BOEM's Alaska Region issued a G&G Permit 12-01 to ION Geophysical Corporation. Authorization letter with stipulations Approved Permit Forms
- October 11, 2012: BOEM completes an Environmental Assessment of ION's activity and issues a FONSI. EA and FONSI
- June 11, 2012: ION Geophysical Corporation submits revised permit application modifying the proposed activity to include one concurrent acquisition of gravity and magnetics data along with the seismic data.
- March 9, 2012: ION Geophysical Corporation submits to BOEM's Alaska Region a G&G permit application for pre-lease exploration activity. Proposed survey is designated OCS Permit 12-01. Review of proposed application begins including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) review.
For additional information, contact BOEM Alaska Region's Resource Evaluation Office at (907) 334-5320.