Chukchi Sea, 2013
TGS submitted an application for a permit to conduct an open water marine seismic survey to acquire 2D data using an airgun array as the energy source in the Chukchi Sea Outer Continental Shelf Planning Area. Magnetic and gravity data would also be collected. The proposed program was planned to start July 15 and be completed by Oct. 31, 2013. Survey Area Map
- Oct. 28, 2013: The Alaska Region Resource Evaluation Office receives notice that operations under this permit are complete.
- Aug. 5, 2013: The Alaska OCS Resource Evaluation Office issues G&G Permit 13-02 to TGS. Approval Letter and Attachments | Approved Application Forms
- Aug. 2, 2013: BOEM Alaska OCS Region issues Environmental Analysis (EA) and Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI).
- May 10, 2013: Public comment period closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Apr. 24, 2013: BOEM begins accepting public comment on this application at http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=BOEM-2013-0018.
- March 2013: TGS submits an environmental evaluation document in support of the G&G permit application, TGS 2013 Chukchi Sea 2D Seismic Survey EED
- March 11, 2013: An application from TGS for a G&G Permit to conduct seismic exploration activities submitted to BOEM's Alaska Region is deemed complete. The proposed survey is designated OCS Permit 13-02. Review of the proposed activity begins, including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) review.
For additional information, contact BOEM Alaska Region's Resource Evaluation Office at (907) 334-5320.