On August 10, 2021, BOEM released a Notice to Stakeholders announcing the availability of the draft Environmental Assessment for the New York Bight area offshore Long Island, New York and New Jersey. The following documents are available for your viewing:
- Notice to Stakeholders (NTS) of Availability of New York Bight Draft EA
- Draft EA and Appendices: Commercial and Research Wind Lease and Grant Issuance and Site Assessment Activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf of the New York Bight
- Notice to Stakeholders (NTS) of Extension of the Comment Period for New York Bight Draft EA
The publication of the draft EA initiated a 30-day public comment period. The public comment period was subsequently extended to September 23, 2021. During the public comment period, BOEM hosted two virtual public meetings to allow the public to learn more about the draft EA, ask questions, and provide oral testimony, at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern
- Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 1:00 PM Eastern [note new date and time]
- Meeting Agenda
Comments can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Through the regulations.gov web portal: Navigate to Regulations.gov and search for Docket No. BOEM-2021-0054. Click on the blue “Comment” button in the upper left-hand corner of the page. Enter your information and comment, then click “Submit Comment.”
- During any of the virtual public meetings, you may provide oral testimony. BOEM will limit such testimony to five minutes per speaker. Any speaker who wishes to provide more information than the five minutes allowed is encouraged to do so as a written comment.
- In written form, delivered by hand or by mail, enclosed in an envelope labeled, “New York Bight Draft EA Comments” and addressed to Program Manager, Office of Renewable Energy, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, 45600 Woodland Road, Sterling, Virginia 20166.
BOEM does not consider anonymous comments. Please include your name and address as part of your submittal. All comments submitted will be made part of the public record and will be posted publicly without change. Comments must be sent by or postmarked no later than 11:59 PM on September 23, 2021.