Tomorrow, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland, Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo, Bureau Ocean Energy Management Director Amanda Lefton, and labor leaders will host a press call to discuss the Biden-Harris administration’s goal of accelerating responsible development of renewable energy on public lands and waters as a key component of tackling the climate crisis and creating jobs – including next steps on the proposed Vineyard Wind I offshore wind project.
The call follows recent announcements by the Administration outlining bold actions that will catalyze offshore wind energy, including a shared goal to deploy 30 gigawatts (GW) of offshore wind in the United States by 2030, while protecting biodiversity and promoting ocean co-use.
WHAT: Press call to announce progress on development of clean energy economy
- Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland
- Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo
- Amanda Lefton, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management Director
- Sean McGarvey, North America's Building Trades Unions
- Francis (Frank) Callahan, Massachusetts Building Trades
WHEN: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. EST
ACCESS: Credentialed members of the press can join the call by dialing 888-324-7110; passcode: INTERIOR.