Unit Agreement Files

“Unitization” means the combining or consolidation of separately owned lease interests for joint exploration or development of a reservoir or potential hydrocarbon accumulation under the terms of a Unit Agreement.

The Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) is responsible for Unitization. Under 30 CFR 250 Subpart M regulation, BSEE may approve or require unitization for the conservation of the natural resources of the Outer Continental Shelf, prevention of waste, and/or protection of correlative rights, including the protection of Federal royalty interests. Unitization may also promote and expedite exploration and development. Unitization combined or consolidates leases or portions of leases under the terms of a Unit Agreement.

For additional information pertaining to Unitization, please visit BSEE at https://www.bsee.gov/offshore-stats-facts/unitization

Pacific Region BSEE may be contacted by visiting: https://www.bsee.gov/who-we-are/our-organization/regional-offices/pacific or

Contact Info:
760 Paseo Camarillo, Suite 102
Camarillo, CA 93010

Main Phone Number: 805-384-6300 
Public Information: 800-672-2627

Public Affairs: Guy Hayes
Office: 907-334-533
Mobile: 907-301-2473