Many data sources have proven useful to the cartographers of the Mapping and Boundary Branch. The most useful GIS data sources are listed and linked in this page.
- Data.gov - thousands of federal, state, and organization data sets. Try searching by "ocean".
- NOAA's Digital Coast — Spatial data including LIDAR, AVHRR, Benthic data, etc
- National Hydrography Data set — Rivers, Streams, Coasts, etc. A joint project by USGS and EPA
- National Marine Sanctuaries — Information on National Marine Sanctuaries in the U.S
- NOS Data Explorer — NOAA’s Ocean Service’s portal to various NOS data sets
- International Boundaries Research Unit (IBRU) — At the University of Durham has links to boundary related web sites around the world.