The Plans Section conducts in-depth reviews of EPs and DOCDs to ensure compliance with regulations. These reviews address shallow-drilling hazards, seafloor hazards, resource conservation, bonding, oil-spill response capability, air quality, archaeological concerns, biological concerns, live-bottom concerns, and military issues.
BOEM is committed to the efficient and thorough processing of EPs and DOCDs, and has provided the following fact sheets and documents to assist offshore operators in submitting complete and accurate plan applications, which will decrease processing delays:
- Top Ways Operators Can Submit Stronger Plan Applications
- This EP/DOCD Checklist can be used to check for inclusion of needed information in your plan. Note that all plans do not need all information indicated on the checklist.
- Frequently Asked Questions for EPs and DOCDs
- Requirements for EPs and DOCDs pertaining to Environmental Compliance
- Requirements for EPs and DOCDs pertaining to Archaeological Information
- These Maximum Storage Tank Estimates for Rig and Drillship Types can be used as default maximum in class estimates.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Ancillary Activities
- These two Water Quality Spreadsheets may be used to replace the related information required on six tablets in NTL 2008-G04.
- eWell changes pertaining to EPs and DOCDs
- Hydrocarbon Groups and Their Relationships to Oil Properties and Behaviour - Jokuty et al (1995)
Presentations from the Technical Workshop with Industry to Facilitate Compliance and Efficient Plan Reviews (April 25, 2012)