Environment employs applied science to protect the Gulf and Atlantic ecosystems by preparing various environmental impact statements (EIS) and assessments that are required by law. Gulf scientists are managing critical research projects and publish Environmental Studies on topics including marine biology, archaeology, physical oceanography, air quality, socioeconomics, and fates and effects, as well as studies related to the marine mineral program and the renewable energy program.
- Gulf of Mexico NEPA Activities
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- A Citizen’s Guide to the NEPA
- Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA)
- Geological and Geophysical (G&G) Activities
- Gulf of Mexico Archaeological Information
- Virtual Archaeology Museum
- Historic Sailing Routes in the Gulf of Mexico Application
- Ongoing Environmental Studies
- Gulf of Mexico Marine Assessment Program for Protected Species (GoMMAPPS)
- Information Transfer Meetings Proceedings
- Air Quality Emissions Reporting Spreadsheet For EPs And DOCDs - Information that should be submitted to obtain approval for the air emissions associated with an Exploration Plan (EP) or Development Operations Coordination Document (DOCD).
- Oil-Spill Risk Analysis Reports
- Water Quality Spreadsheets - Information that should be submitted by OCS oil and gas operators to obtain approval for offshore discharges of treated wastes to the GOM and onshore waste disposal associated with your EP or DOCD.