BOEM held its Gulf of Maine Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force meeting on Thursday, May 19, 2022, 9-5 p.m. EDT. The meeting was held virtually.
The meeting focused on the following topics:
- Commercial planning process for wind energy leasing in federal waters of the Gulf of Maine
- State and federal perspectives on offshore wind in the Gulf of Maine
- Framework approach for the first step in the commercial planning process - a Request for Interest (RFI)
- Stakeholder engagement approach for the commercial planning process
- State of Maine’s research lease application