BOEM will hold the eleventh Oregon Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force meeting virtually on September 18, 2023.
Established in 2011, this Task Force is composed of Tribal, Federal, state, and local government officials. It is tasked with facilitating the coordination of renewable energy planning activities on the Outer Continental Shelf in Oregon. It serves as a forum to discuss potential issues and concerns, as well as exchange data and information about ocean resources and uses.
Members of the public are invited to listen, and there will be an opportunity for public comment.
To register for the meeting go to https://kearnswest.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_EjXGOMUmSlKt8R-GWcLO4A#/registration
The meeting topics include:
- Next steps on the Oregon offshore wind planning process
- Oregon Draft Wind Energy Areas
- Spatial Modeling Process and Draft Report Results
- BOEM Visual Simulations Study and Results
- Joint BOEM-NOAA NCCOS Draft Wind Energy Areas Report
- Visual Simulations Study and Results
- Request for Comment on Draft Wind Energy Areas
- Please see the “Resources” tab of the Oregon State Activities page for fact sheets, and other useful background information.