BOEM and the State of Oregon, led by the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD), are committed to offshore wind planning with a meaningful and effective data gathering and engagement process to inform the identification of a Call Area(s) appropriate for offshore wind leasing. More information on the BOEM-Oregon offshore wind planning effort can be found on the Oregon Offshore Renewable Energy factsheet.
As detailed in the 2020 Data Gathering and Engagement Plan for Offshore Wind Energy in Oregon, BOEM and DLCD are engaging through standing meetings with existing organizations, councils and commissions. BOEM and DLCD are continuing outreach and engagement on Oregon offshore wind energy planning and publicly available meetings scheduled for 2022 listed below.
- Lincoln County Fishermen Involved in Natural Energy (FINE) – January 25, 2022
- Surfrider Foundation Portland – February 9, 2022
- FINE - February 22,2022
- PFMC Ad Hoc Marine Planning Committee – March 4, 2022
- Oregon Department of Energy Floating Offshore Wind Study Public Meeting - March 10, 2022
- Washington Sea Grant Crabber/Towboat Lane Agreement – March 11, 2022
- Oregon Department of Energy Floating Offshore Wind Study Public Meeting 3 – May 11, 2022
- Oregon Land Conservation and Development Commission – May 20, 2022
- PFMC Ad Hoc Marine Planning Committee – May 24, 2022
The Data Gathering and Engagement Summary Report: Oregon Offshore Wind Energy Planning outlines the outcome of BOEM’s and DLCD’s engagement from October 2020 through December 2021 which included the following public meetings listed below.
- Oregon Coastal Zone Management Association (OCZMA) – November 18, 2020
- Ocean Coastal Energy Alliance Network (OCEAN) – November 19, 2020
- Oregon Ocean Policy Advisory Council (OPAC) – December 18, 2020
- Pacific Fishery Management Council (PFMC) Habitat Committee – February 24, 2021
- PFMC – March 5, 2021
- Portland Audubon – March 23, 2021
- Oregon Dungeness Crab Commission – May 29, 2021
- Oregon Trawl Commission – May 24, 2021
- Port of Port Orford Commission – June 15, 2021
- PFMC - July 22-23, 2021
- PFMC Ad Hoc Marine Planning Committee – September 1, 2021
- Oregon Ocean Policy Advisory Council – November 4, 2021
- PFMC Ad Hoc Marine Planning Committee – November 10, 2021
- PFMC – November 17, 2021
Additionally, BOEM and DLCD presented an update on the Oregon offshore wind energy planning process to a number of county board of commissioners meetings. Meeting agendas and recordings, if available, can be found at the county board of commissioners website directly.
- Lincoln County – March 15, 2021
- Tillamook County – March 31, 2021
- City of Reedsport – May 3, 2021
- City of Florence – June 21, 2021
- Curry County – June 23, 2021
- Coos County – September 21, 2021
Contact Whitney Hauer if your organization would like a presentation about the Oregon offshore wind planning effort.
Public meetings organized by BOEM and DLCD are posted at www.boem.gov/Oregon.