- March 30-31, 2017: Geological Society of America Southeast Section Meeting, Richmond, VA. BOEM to exhibit.
- February 28. 2017: ASBPA Coastal Summit, Washington, DC: Renee Orr, Chief of the Office of Strategic Resources, keynote remarks on "BOEM's Sand Resource Vision to Support Coastal Communities."
- February 9, 2017: Florida Shore and Beach Preservation Association, Stuart, FL: Douglas Piatkowski presentation on "Development of a Decision Support Tool To Reduce Sea Turtle Dredging Entrainment Risk (Presentation)
Presentations and Workshop Reports
- December 10-15, 2016, Restore America’s Estuaries Summit, New Orleans, LA, Including the Gulf of Mexico Sand Management Working Group Meeting, Dec. 15
- October 25-28, 2016, BOEM Exhibit, American Shore and Beach PreservationAssociation (ASBPA) National Coastal Conference, Long Branch, NJ
- September 25-28, 2016, Geological Society of America Annual Conference, Denver, CO
- September 19, 2016, Southeast Sand Management Working Group Meeting,
Charleston, SC: Summary and Presentations
- September 14-16, 2016, Florida Shore and Beach Preservation Association (FSBPA)
Annual Conference, Naples, FL
- August 8, 2016, Geoffrey Wikel, Chief, Branch of Environmental Coordination, on The Diane Rehm Show (https://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2016-08-08/the-global-demand-for-sand).
- June 12-16, 2016, Association of American State Geologists (AASG) Annual Meeting,
Girdwood (Anchorage area), AK
- Florida Sand Management Working Group webinar (February 2,
2016): Summary and Presentation
- Gulf of Mexico Sand Management Working Group Meeting (October 13, 2015): Summary and Presentations
- Science Exchange Meeting (December 2, 2015): Presentations
- February 25, 2015, Renee Orr, Chief of Strategic Resources, at the American Shore and Beach Preservation Association Washington Coastal Summit
- February 17, 2015, Jeffrey Reidenauer, Chief, Marine Minerals Branch Chief, Presentation to Northeast Regional Ocean Council (NROC) Sand Subcommittee on the MMP Leasing Process
- September 9, 2014, Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Body Webinar with MMP Staff
- August 13, 2014: Jeffrey Reidenauer, Chief, Marine Minerals Branch, Charleston, SC Beach Communities Meeting
- North East Sand Management Working Group webinar (July 15, 2014): Summary and Presentation
- July 14, 2014: Video Jeffrey Reidenauer, BOEM’s Chief of the Marine Minerals Branch, and Geoff Wikel, BOEM’s Chief of Environmental Coordination, discuss the bureau’s role in building coastal resilience.
- May 7, 2014: Florida Sand Management Working Group webinar (May 7, 2014): Summary and Presentation
- May 19, 2014: Michael Miner, MMP Gulf of Mexico Region, Overview of the Gulf of Mexico Marine Minerals Program
- March 31, 2013: Central Atlantic Sand Management Working Group (March 31, 2014): Summary and Presentation
- February 27, 2014: William Y. Brown, Chief Environmental Officer, American Shore and Beach Preservation Association Washington Coastal Summit
- January 24, 2014: Summary and Presentation:
- Understanding the Habitat Value and Function of Shoal/Ridge/Trough Complexes to Fishand Fisheries on the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Outer Continental Shelf" Working Group, January 24, 2014 Draft Working Group Report
- February 28, 2013: Walter Cruickshank, Deputy Director, Presentation at the American Shore and Beach Preservation Association Washington Coastal Summit