Events, Presentations and Workshop Reports
Presentations and Workshop Reports
- August 7-8, 2018: US Army Corps of Engineers 95th Coastal Engineering Research Board Meeting, Providence, RI. Marine Minerals Program from headquarters presentation, Northeast Sediment Sources and Needs. Jeffrey Waldner - Presentation
- July 30-Aug 3, 2018: American Society of Civil Engineers 36th International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE) 2018, Baltimore, MD. Building a National Sand Resource Inventory for the U.S. Continental Shelf. Jeffrey Waldner Presentation.
- July 16-20, 2018: International Seabed Authority 24th Session 2018 Annual Session, Kingston, Jamaica. Jeffrey Reidenauer attended, no presentation.
- June 28-29, 2018: Committee on Offshore Science and Assessment (COSA), Washington, DC. Marine Minerals Program Science Strategy. Jeffrey Reidenauer - Presentation.
- June 3-7, 2018: Association of American State Geologists Annual Meeting, Rehoboth Beach, DE. Developing a Roadmap to Address an Increasing Demand for Sand from the OCS. Jeffrey Reidenauer – Presentation.
- May 30-June 1, 2018: State of the Coast Conference, New Orleans, LA: Marine Minerals Information System and other program activities. Lora Turner and Bridgette Duplantis - Presentation.
- February 7-9, 2018: Florida Shore and Beach Preservation Association, 31st Annual National Conference on Beach Preservation Technology, Panama City Beach, Fl. Paul Knorr presenting
- January 9, 2018: The Florida Coastal Mapping Program Workshop, St.Petersburg, FL, Jeffrey Reidenauer (Presentation)
- December 14, 2017:Mid-Atlantic Sand Management Working Group, Marine Minerals Program Webinar. Agenda and Presentations, including representatives from BOEM, Federal, and State partners.
- December 7, 2017: Marine Minerals Program Webinar with the Gulf of Mexico Sand Management Working Group. Agenda plus BOEM and partners' presentations.
- November 13, 2017: North Carolina Beach, Inlet & Waterway Association Annual Meeting, Wrightsville Beach, NC, Renee Orr, Chief of the Office of Strategic Resources, Panel remarks on "Roadmap for Strengthening Coastal Communities:
A National Offshore Sand Inventory (Presentation)
- October 22-25, 2017: The Geological Society of America (GSA) 129th Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA. Paul Knorr (Presentation)
- Aug. 20-24, 2017: American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting, Tampa, FL.
BOEM to exhibit. Members of BOEM's Environmental Studies, Marine Minerals and Renewable Energy Programs on hand to answer questions.
- March 30-31, 2017: Geological Society of America Southeast Section Meeting, Richmond, VA. BOEM to exhibit.
- February 28, 2017: ASBPA Coastal Summit, Washington, DC: Renee Orr, Chief of the Office of Strategic Resources, keynote remarks on "BOEM's Sand Resource Vision to Support Coastal Communities." (Presentation)
- February 9, 2017: Florida Shore and Beach Preservation Association, Stuart, FL: Douglas Piatkowski presentation on "Development of a Decision Support Tool To Reduce Sea Turtle Dredging Entrainment Risk (Presentation)
- December 10-15, 2016: Restore America’s Estuaries Summit, New Orleans, LA, Including the Gulf of Mexico Sand Management Working Group Meeting, Dec. 15
- October 25-28, 2016: BOEM Exhibit, American Shore and Beach PreservationAssociation (ASBPA) National Coastal Conference, Long Branch, NJ
- September 25-28, 2016: Geological Society of America Annual Conference, Denver, CO
- September 19, 2016: Southeast Sand Management Working Group Meeting,
Charleston, SC: Summary and Presentations
- September 14-16, 2016: Florida Shore and Beach Preservation Association (FSBPA)
Annual Conference, Naples, FL
- August 8, 2016: Geoffrey Wikel, Chief, Branch of Environmental Coordination, on The Diane Rehm Show (https://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2016-08-08/the-global-demand-for-sand).
- June 12-16, 2016:Association of American State Geologists (AASG) Annual Meeting,
Girdwood (Anchorage area), AK
- February 2,
2016: Florida Sand Management Working Group webinar: Summary and Presentation
- October 13, 2015: Gulf of Mexico Sand Management Working Group Meeting: Summary and Presentations
- December 2, 2015: Science Exchange Meeting: Presentations
- February 25, 2015: Renee Orr, Chief of Strategic Resources, at the American Shore and Beach Preservation Association Washington Coastal Summit
- February 17, 2015: Jeffrey Reidenauer, Chief, Marine Minerals Branch Chief, Presentation to Northeast Regional Ocean Council (NROC) Sand Subcommittee on the MMP Leasing Process
- September 9, 2014: Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Body Webinar with MMP Staff
- August 13, 2014: Jeffrey Reidenauer, Chief, Marine Minerals Branch, Charleston, SC Beach Communities Meeting
- July 15, 2014: North East Sand Management Working Group webinar: Summary and Presentation
- July 14, 2014: Video Jeffrey Reidenauer, BOEM’s Chief of the Marine Minerals Branch, and Geoff Wikel, BOEM’s Chief of Environmental Coordination, discuss the bureau’s role in building coastal resilience.
- May 7, 2014: Florida Sand Management Working Group webinar: Summary and Presentation
- May 19, 2014: Michael Miner, MMP Gulf of Mexico Region, Overview of the Gulf of Mexico Marine Minerals Program
- March 31, 2013: Central Atlantic Sand Management Working Group: Summary and Presentation
- February 27, 2014: William Y. Brown, Chief Environmental Officer, American Shore and Beach Preservation Association Washington Coastal Summit
- January 24, 2014: Summary and Presentation:
- January 24, 2014: Understanding the Habitat Value and Function of Shoal/Ridge/Trough Complexes to Fishand Fisheries on the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Outer Continental Shelf" Working Group Draft Working Group Report
- February 28, 2013:Walter Cruickshank, Deputy Director, Presentation at the American Shore and Beach Preservation Association Washington Coastal Summit