Beaufort Sea, 2013
SAExploration Inc. (SAE) has submitted an application for a permit to conduct an ocean-bottom-node, marine seismic survey to acquire 3D seismic data using an airgun array as the energy source in the Beaufort Sea Outer Continental Shelf Planning Area. The proposed program is planned to start July 1 and be completed by Oct. 15, 2013. Survey Area Map
- July 25, 2013: Permit application withdrawn by SAExploration.
- May 21, 2013: Public comment period closes at 11:59 Eastern Time.
- May 8, 2013: BOEM begins accepting public comments on this application at http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=BOEM-2013-0025.
- April 2013: SAExploration submits two environmental compliance documents in support of the G&G permit application, SAE Beaufort Sea 3D Seismic Survey ECD 1, SAE Beaufort Sea 3D Seismic Survey ECD 2.
- April 9, 2013: The application submitted by SAExploration Inc. to BOEM's Alaska Region for a G&G Permit to conduct seismic exploration activities is deemed complete. The proposed survey is designated OCS Permit 13-03. Review of the proposed activity begins, including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) review.
For additional information, contact BOEM Alaska Region's Resource Evaluation Office at (907) 334-5320.