The public was invited to participate in a series of in-person listening sessions hosted by MARCO across the region during November 2014. During these sessions, the MidA RPB provided an overview of the draft: Mid-Atlantic Regional Ocean Action Plan Options; Status of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Ocean Assessment; and the Mid-Atlantic RPB Interim Plan for Stakeholder Engagement; and offered the public opportunities to pose questions and provide comments.
Public listening sessions were held as follows:
- November 5 - Lewes, Delaware from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Virden Retreat and Conference Center, Harbor Room, University of Delaware, 700 Pilottown Road
- November 6 - Virginia Beach, Virginia from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, Owls Creek Marsh Pavilion, 717 General Booth Boulevard
- November 10 - Ocean City, Maryland from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Ocean City Marlin Club, 9659 Golf Course Road
- November 17 - Stony Brook, New York from 5 to 8 p.m. at the School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences (SoMAS), Stony Brook University, Endeavour Hall, Room 120
- November 18 - Long Branch, New Jersey from 5 to 8 p.m. at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, Oceanport Room, 1 Ocean Boulevard
Mid-Atlantic Regional Ocean Planning Public Listening Sessions Summary (November 2014)