On July 30, 2021, BOEM published a Notice of Intent (NOI) to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Kitty Hawk Offshore Wind project offshore North Carolina. The following documents are available for viewing:
- Notice of Intent to Prepare an EIS (BOEM-2021-0050)
- Kitty Hawk Construction and Operations Plan (COP) and Appendices
The NOI initiates a 30-day public comment period that ends on August 30, 2021. During the public comment period, BOEM will host three virtual scoping meetings where you can learn more about the COP, ask questions, and provide oral testimony.
BOEM’s virtual scoping meetings were held at the following dates:
Comments can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- During any of the virtual public meetings, you may provide oral testimony. BOEM will limit such testimony to five minutes per speaker. Any speaker who wishes to provide more information than the five minutes allowed is encouraged to do so as a written comment.
- In written form, delivered by hand or by mail, enclosed in an envelope labeled, “Kitty Hawk Scoping Comments” and addressed to Program Manager, Office of Renewable Energy, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, 45600 Woodland Road, Sterling, Virginia 20166; or
- Through the regulations.gov web portal: Navigate to https://www.regulations.gov/commenton/BOEM-2021-0050-0001 Click on the blue “Comment” button in the upper left-hand corner of the page. Enter your information and comment, then click “Submit Comment.”
BOEM does not consider anonymous comments. Please include your name and address as part of your submittal. All comments submitted will be made part of the public record and will be posted publicly without change. Comments must be sent by or postmarked no later than 11:59 PM on August 30, 2021.