Following are some of the studies funded by BOEM to collect information about the marine environment to support decisions concerning offshore renewable energy development.
- Endangered Atlantic Sturgeon Habitat Use in Mid-Atlantic Wind Energy Area
- Evaluating Effectiveness of Nature Inclusive Design Materials
- Offshore Wind Impacts on Oceanographic Processes: North Carolina to New York
- Wildlife and Offshore Wind (WOW): A Systems Approach to Research and Risk Assessment for Offshore Wind Development from Maine to North Carolina
- Collaborative Fisheries Planning for Virginia’s Offshore Wind Energy Area
- Field Observations During Offshore Wind Structure Installation and Operation, Volume I
- Field Observations During Offshore Wind Structure Installation and Operation, Volume 2
- Field Observations During Offshore Wind Structure Installation and Operation, Volume 3
- Regional Geophysical Survey and Interpretive Report for the Virginia Wind Energy Area offshore Southeastern Virginia
- Understanding Whale Presence in the Virginia Offshore Wind Energy Area
- Virginia Collaborative Archaeological Survey
- Virginia Ocean Geophysical Survey Phase II Analyses: Offshore Virginia Wind Energy Area
Please visit http://www.boem.gov/Renewable-Energy-Environmental-Studies/ for a complete list of BOEM funded ongoing and completed studies in support of offshore renewable energy development.
Other Data Sources