Following are some of the studies funded by BOEM to collect information about the marine environment to support decisions concerning offshore renewable energy development.
- Endangered Atlantic Sturgeon Habitat Use in Mid-Atlantic Wind Energy Area
- Understanding Whale Presence in the Virginia Offshore Wind Energy Area using Passive Acoustic
- Collaborative Fisheries Planning for Virginia’s Offshore Wind Energy Area
- Virginia Ocean Geophysical Survey Phase II Analyses: Offshore Virginia Wind Energy Area
- Virginia Collaborative Archaeological Survey
- Regional Geophysical Survey and Interpretive Report for the Virginia Wind Energy Area offshore Southeastern Virginia
Please visit http://www.boem.gov/Renewable-Energy-Environmental-Studies/ for a complete list of BOEM funded ongoing and completed studies in support of offshore renewable energy development.
Other Data Sources