Regulations and Guidance
BOEM offshore leasing and operations are governed by a wide variety of laws, regulations, and other communications with the offshore industry. The Bureau enforces compliance with these regulations and periodically updates rules to reflect advancements in technology and new information. This section provides access to BOEM rules, regulations, and guidance to the offshore industry.
- Aviation Plans
- BOEM Code of Federal Regulations
- BOEM Governing Statutes
- Federal Register Notices – Notices, Advance Notices of Proposed Rulemaking, Notices of Proposed Rulemaking, and Final Rules for BOEM regulatory actions.
- Notices to Lessees and Operators – Communications with operators and contractors that further clarify regulations.
- RegInfo.gov - A U.S. website produced by OMB and GSA to provide current information about bureau regulations under development, as well as collections of information approved by OMB's Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.
- Regulations.gov – a U.S. government web site that enables the public to review and submit comments on Federal documents.
- Regulatory Reform - In response to the Deepwater Horizon explosion and resulting oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the most aggressive and comprehensive reforms to offshore oil and gas regulation and oversight in U.S. history were launched.