BOEM will hold the third Gulf of Maine Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force meeting in-person at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor, ME on May 10-11, 2023.
The meeting will be held in the ballroom of the Cross Insurance Center. Please use the Woodrow W. Cross Entrance. Free parking is available at the center’s three surface lots or in the multi-story lot across the street from the Woodrow W. Cross entrance (the second floor and above are free). The Cross Insurance Center has a policy of no outside food and no firearms.
Established in 2019, this Task Force is composed of Tribal, Federal, state, and local government officials. It is tasked with facilitating the coordination of renewable energy planning activities on the Outer Continental Shelf in the Gulf of Maine. It serves as a forum to discuss potential issues and concerns, as well as exchange data and information about ocean resources and uses.
The public is encouraged to attend this meeting where there will be opportunity for public comment on both days.
To register for the meeting: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gulf-of-maine-intergovernmental-renewable-energy-task-force-meeting-2023-tickets-609728914597
If you cannot attend in person, you can listen to the meeting via livestream (participation and comment opportunities will be limited to those attending in person):
May 10th- https://youtube.com/live/bK-MUWAqmgk?feature=share
May 11th- https://cbuilding.zoom.us/j/81257285568
The meeting will include:
- Updates from Task Force members
- Next steps on the Gulf of Maine commercial leasing process
- Call for Information and Nominations
- Additional information BOEM is reviewing as it prepares to identify draft Wind Energy Areas
- Next steps on Maine’s Research Lease application.
- Useful information on key emerging topics:
- Transmission planning
- Offshore wind data collection activities: analysis for whales and other protected species
- Floating offshore wind technology
- Draft Agenda (last updated 5/8/2023)
- Call for Information & Nominations (see Commercial Leasing Tab for more information)
- Presentations May 10
- Presentations May 11
- Please see the “Resources” tab of the Gulf of Maine page for fact sheets, and other useful background information.