On March 30, 2021, BOEM published a Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for Ocean Wind, LLC's Proposed Wind Energy Facility Offshore New Jersey. The following documents are available for your viewing.
- Notice of Intent to Prepare an EIS (BOEM-2021-0024)
- Ocean Wind Construction and Operations Plan and Appendices
- Overview of New Jersey Lease Area Development and Leasing Process
- Ocean Wind Project Overview
- NJ Department of Environmental Protection Presentation
- BOEM Environmental Review Process
- NJ Board of Public Utilities Offshore Wind Initiatives
The Notice of Intent initiates a 30-day public comment period. During the public comment period, BOEM hosted three virtual scoping meetings where the public could learn more about the Construction and Operations Plan (COP), ask questions, and provide oral testimony.
BOEM’s scoping process is intended to identify what should be considered in the Ocean Wind COP EIS. Throughout the scoping process, there will be multiple opportunities to help BOEM determine the important resources and issues, impact-producing factors, reasonable alternatives, and potential mitigating measures that should be analyzed in the EIS.
All three virtual public scoping meetings were recorded and can be found below:
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Comments can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- In written form, delivered by hand or by mail, enclosed in an envelope labeled, “Ocean Wind Energy Facility Scoping Comments” and addressed to Program Manager, Office of Renewable Energy, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, 45600 Woodland Road, Sterling, Virginia 20166; or
- Through the regulations.gov web portal: Navigate to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. BOEM-2021-0024. Click on the “Comment Now!” button to the right of the document link. Enter your information and comment, then click “Submit.”
Comments must be submitted by 11:59 PM on April 29, 2021.