Collision and Displacement Vulnerability among Marine Birds of the California Current System Associated with Offshore Wind Energy Infrastructure (2016) (2016)
- Determining vulnerability of marine birds to renewable energy infrastructure.
Determining Fine-scale Use and Movement Patterns of Diving Bird Species in Federal Waters of the Mid- Atlantic United States Using Satellite Telemetry (2017)
- Using satellite telemetry to track migration patterns of Northern Gannets, Surf Scoters, and Red-throated Loons.
Flight Activity and Offshore Movements of Nano-Tagged Bats on Martha’s Vineyard, MA (2017)
- Using nano-tag transmitter technology and a network of receivers to investigate the risk of offshore wind energy development to the Northern Long-eared Bats on Martha's Vineyard.
Abundance and Distribution of Seabirds Off Southeastern Massachusetts, 2011-2015 (2016)
- Results from aerial surveys in the Massachusetts and Rhode Island wind energy areas
Acoustic Monitoring of Temporal and Spatial Abundance of Birds Near Outer Continental Shelf Structures: Synthesis Report (2014)
- Evaluating the use of acoustic monitoring technology for monitoring and mitigation at offshore wind facilities
Aerial Surveys for Roseate and Common Terns South of Tuckernuck and Muskeget Islands July-September 2013 (2014)
- Collecting baseline data about roseate terns off Massachusetts
Building a Database to Assess the Relative Vulnerability of Migratory Bird Species to Offshore Renewable Energy Projects on the Atlantic OCS (2013)
- Providing an index to determine the vulnerability of 177 species of birds observed on the outer continental shelf to bird strikes by wind facilities and displacement
Compendium of Avian Occurrence information for The Continental Shelf Waters Along The Atlantic Coast of The United States: Final Report (Database Section – Shorebirds) (2011)
Compendium of Avian Occurrence information for The Continental Shelf Waters Along The Atlantic Coast of The United States: Final Report (Database Section-Seabirds) (2009)
- Provides a synthesis of observations of seabirds and shorebirds along the Atlantic Coast for 177 species including maps of sightings per unit effort
Determining Night Time Distribution of Long-tailed Ducks Using Radio Telemetry (2009)
Determining Nocturnal Locations, Breeding Ground Locations, and Genetic Structure of Long-Tailed Ducks Wintering in Nantucket Sound (2013)
- Using radio telemetry of long-tailed ducks to learn more about their use of Nantucket Sound as habitat
High-resolution Aerial Imaging Surveys of Marine Birds, Mammals, and Turtles on the US Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf—Utility Assessment, Methodology Recommendations, and Implementation Tools (2013)
- Comparison of traditional aerial survey methods with new high-resolution videography for evaluating presence, distribution, and abundance in marine waters
Information Synthesis on the Potential for Bat Interactions with Offshore Wind Facilities (2013)
- Synthesis of observations of bats in the offshore environment along the Atlantic coast with emphasis on locations off Maine
Mobile Avian Survey Data Collection Software Application (2016)
Modeling At-Sea Density of Marine Birds
to Support Atlantic Marine Renewable
Energy Planning Appendix A; Appendix B; Appendix C; Appendix D (2018)
- Provides easily understandable information in the form of maps of distribution and abundance of birds to aid offshore wind development siting decisions and reduce the risk of impacts to birds.
Modeling At-Sea Occurrence and Abundance of Marine Birds to Support Atlantic Marine Renewable Energy Planning Phase I Report (2016)
- Distribution of 40 seabirds along the Atlantic OCS using model predictions
New Insights and New Tools Regarding Risk to Roseate Terns, Piping Plovers, and Red Knots from Wind Facility Operations on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf (2011)
- Using a variety of technologies including tags and direct observations of three species of concern along the Atlantic Coast
Pacific Continental Shelf Environmental Assessment (PaCSEA): Aerial Seabird and Marine Mammal Surveys off Northern California, Oregon, and Washington, 2011-2012 (2014)
- Collecting baseline information about seabirds and marine mammals along the Pacific coast
Pelagic Seabirds off the East Coast of the United States 2008-2013 (2015)
- Observations of seabirds from ships of opportunity
Risk of an Offshore Wind Project to a Migrant Shorebird (2016)
- Modeling the risk of collision for red knots in Nantucket Sound
Statistical Analyses to Support Guidelines for Marine Avian Sampling;Supplement A;
Supplement G (2012)
Additional Statistical Analyses to Support Guidelines for Marine Avian Sampling (including Appendix A and B); Appendix C; Appendix D; Appendix E (2018)
- Examining the number of surveys required for selected avian species to evaluate habitat use in defined areas of the Atlantic outer continental shelf using power analysis
Tracking Movements of Threatened Migratory rufa Red Knots in U.S. Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Waters (2018)
- Using nanotag technology to track the movements of rufa Red Knots to evaluate usage of wind energy development locations.
Tracking Offshore Occurrence of Common Terns, Endangered Roseate Terns, and Threatened Piping Plovers with VHF Arrays (2019)
- Tracking movements of Common Terns, endangered Roseate Terns and threatened Piping Plovers using a new technology to determine to what extent they fly over federal waters where future wind energy projects may be constructed.